The Brief Introduction of Tung Hai Junior High School
Taitung Tung Hai Junior High School was established as “Taitung Secondary High School” on August 1st, 1967. While we were building the school on the Tung Hai Sports Park area, we used Renai Elementary School for the teaching. In August of 1968, we changed the name of the school as “Tung Hai Junior High School”. The first principal was Du Hanfeng. Because Tung Hai Sports Park is the river bank, we moved to the new place on Chunghua Rd. The original school area rebuilt as Tung Hai Sports Park.
Our school is very close to Fu Xing Elementary School, Taitung Senior High School. In the front is the Agricultural Research And Extension Station , on the two side are the beautiful Mt. Liyu and the deep Pacific Ocean.
In the past fifty years, Tung Hai Junior High School has grown into a high- quality learning environment by the efforts of principals like Du Hanfeng, Chen Liqing, Su Cangzhou, Shi Ri Jin, Zhau Anxing, Wu Zongming, Chen Jianxian, Hong Ronwei and Chen Ruiyoung.
In July, 2016, typhoon Nibert destroyed the buildings and teaching equipment of the school. The tenth principal Lai Liangzhen starts the campus restoration. After four months, the renovation project is almost completed. It becomes as beautiful as it was.
Principal Lai puts emphasis on harmonious atmosphere of the campus, teaching efficiency, and life education. He hopes the school can cultivate students good habits, learning abilities, and help them improve their lives.
There are 37 classes, 106 staffs, about 1000 students in the school. The students and teachers are all hard-working for the bright future.